Selecting Winning Opinion Essay Topics On Homeschooling: 15 Prompts
The topic of homeschooling is one that is perfect for an opinion essay, especially if you narrow down your prompt the right way. There is a lot of controversy that surrounds homeschooling, meaning there are many different topics to choose from. Here are 15 great topic ideas for your opinion essay on homeschooling.
- Homeschooling and Social Concepts: Do Homeschooled Students Lack a Sense of Self?- There are many products of social interaction, including your morals, freedom, justice, reality, love, and personality. Do you think that students who are homeschooled miss out on learning these concepts?
- How Homeschooling Negatively Impacts Students- What are the negative effects of homeschooling? Can these be overcome?
- Should Parents be Able to Force their Child to Homeschool- How much of a role should parents play in their child’s decision to homeschool?
- Should there be Criteria for Homeschooling?- Should a child have to meet certain requirements to homeschool? If so, what?
- ADHD and Homeschooling- Should teachers be making more of an effort to teach students who have difficulty concentrating in school? How does this impact a parent’s decision to homeschool?
- Homeschooling and Social Interaction- Should there be requirements for homeschooled students to interact with others? How could this benefit them?
- The Relationship between Homeschooling and Bullying- How many homeschooled students have chosen their path as a result of bullying? What can be done to prevent this?
- The Educational System and Homeschooling- Are falling school standards a reason for homeschooling? How often does this affect a parent’s decision and what can be done?
- Mental Disorders and Homeschooling- How many children are homeschooled as a result of a mental disorder? Should this be the only option, or should schools be trying to accommodate these students better?
- Benefits of Homeschooling- What are the advantages of homeschooling? Do you think it is better than public schooling?
- Traditional Schooling vs. Homeschooling- What are the advantages of each and which do you believe is more beneficial? Why?
- Are Homeschooled Students Prepared for the World?- When you are homeschooled, you do not have the same social interaction as other students. Can this be problematic when students must work in the real world?
- The Success of Homeschooled Students- Is there any relation between student success and the type of schooling they received?
- What is the Right Age to Begin Homeschooling?- Should parents be allowed to homeschool children from a young age? Why or why not?
- Motivation and Homeschooling- Are homeschooled students more likely to have problems with motivation? Do they do the same amount of work as students in public schools?